Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies (CCD)
Fraunhofer USA's Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies (CCD) is located in East Lansing, Michigan. Since 1998 our team of experienced process engineers develops coating solutions based on physical and chemical vapor deposition (PVD, CVD) technologies. Our offered technologies include:
- high performance wear resistant diamond-like carbon and ceramic coatings for tooling and component applications,
- the development of novel and proprietary coating solutions for customer applications,
- and the development of applications and products for CVD diamond materials.
Our services include:
- testing of coatings for customer applications,
- development of new coating solutions for our customers based on Fraunhofer technologies,
- deployment of such solutions for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with competitive next generation coating solutions. Such solutions include materials, processes and equipment installations, as well as coating service agreements. As part of our services we provide our customers with access to state-of-the-art thin film coating and characterization equipment.
Since 2003 Fraunhofer CCD and Michigan State University closely collaborate on applied research and development projects in the areas of diamond and coatings technologies.