Industry’s challenges are our challenges. Our customers’ problems are our problems. As a researcher at Fraunhofer CCD you will solve real problems while pushing the state of the art. Whether simulating a complex environment, testing complex systems, analyzing the integrity of deployed technologies, or transforming prototypes into real-world applications, researchers at Fraunhofer CCD do more than just write publications and papers. They make a difference. Explore our available positions to begin your journey at Fraunhofer CCD.
Location: East Lansing, MI
The Fraunhofer USA Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies CCD, located on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, is seeking a highly motivated, reliable and technically competent individual to join our engineering team as a PVD Coating Machine Operator.
We offer an exciting work environment in an interdisciplinary team where every individual matters greatly to the success of the company.
This is a salaried position offering benefits including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, life insurance and pension plan.
The business core hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with an average working week of 40 hours. This position will require some working time outside of the core business hours including early morning, late evening or weekend hours.
Training will be provided; however, this position will require someone with the ability to absorb and understand technical skills, with preference given to candidates that can demonstrate this ability through experience or education.
• Customer part handling including sorting, cleaning, loading and unloading
• Physical vapor deposition vacuum coating machine operation
• Quality control of uncoated and coated parts and deposition processes
• Routine and preventive maintenance on coating and peripheral equipment
• Troubleshooting of potential machine failures
• Support our engineering team in performing coating experiments for new developments
• Hands-on and working knowledge of mechanical and computer controlled machinery, previous experience with vacuum equipment or cutting tools strongly desired
• Detail oriented, reliable, responsible and team oriented work attitude
• Familiarity with office software such as Microsoft Excel and Word
• Occasional lifting of packages up to 50 pounds may be necessary
• Basic Machine Shop Skills Preferred
• High school diploma, additional vocational or academic education preferred.
Fraunhofer USA is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and is a Federal Contractor.
To apply mail/e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Russel Zarras, Fraunhofer CCD, 1449 Engineering Research Complex, East Lansing, MI 48824